Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yasou Greece!

Greece is way more my vibe. Italy was a little stressful. I'm not going to lie. AMAZING, but sort of overwhelming (at least the way we did it). We left Firenze at 4:45 am and got to the Rome airport for our 11 o'clock flight to Athens. Luckily, we got there early despite the traffic that was possibly going to add some more "excitement" to our trip. Most of the girls, including myself, tried to sleep on the bus. Our bodies hate us right now. It worked, sort of. We were all jarred awake at some point or another because I'm pretty sure our driver never went to Italian drivers ed. Once on the plane though, I fell asleep Ambien style on the food tray. Nice. A private bus met us at the airport and we drove three hours to Delphi. The time passed quickly as the girls forced us to watch a Hilary Duff movie where she has some ridiculous trip to Rome. I think I am dumber for watching it. I must say they have all been super troopers though. They get gold stars for being flexible and funny, even when we all felt like curling up in a ball and passing out. We ate dinner at another great restaurant that overlooked the sea of Corinth and is tucked away on Mount Parnassus. It was a pretty early night by our standards. Lights out at midnight and breakfast at nine. LOVE. Our Nat Geo leaders have been great as well. We've shared a lot of laughs and it has made the trip even more fun than I expected. I can already tell this week we will be able to soak things in a little more instead of feeling like I NEED white Etonic shoes like I need air to breathe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment