Thursday, June 16, 2011

Old people may be on to something...

If I had room in my suitcase, I would buy these right now. Roma in a day is possible. We did it. All on foot. We left Firenze at 4:45 am on a bus and proceeded to see the Colosseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, and Trevi fountain. We opted out of running back across Rome to Vatican City and shopped in a street market instead. The vendors were not necessarily interested in good customer service, as they have nine million other shoppers eagerly waiting to buy some overpriced trinkets. That made it easy NOT to spend my hard earned euros there. It was another overall crazy busy day, but worth it. In the craziness of the day, Holly managed to get left at the Pantheon trying to get "the perfect shot". Such an overachiever. Luckily, we found her (or she found us). Next time we go somewhere, I'm putting her on a child-leash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment