Saturday, June 11, 2011

What day is it?


It feels like I've been in a dream for the last three days. Between the jet lag, four a day cappuccinos,  and seeing David, I'm pretty sure this is not real life. We arrived in Rome and booked it to the nearest train station for a two hour ride to Florence. The countryside was picturesque (at least the bits I remember while falling asleep face down on the trays). Our hotel (and by that I mean hostel) is, er, quaint. It's a one man show here. You check in with the same man who serves you breakfast and the beloved cappuccinos. He's adorable. We trekked ALL over Firenze yesterday. The girls went on a scavenger hunt in groups, we planned some more, saw David, gawked at crazy fashion statements, ate good food, and then COOKED amazing food. That was the highlight. We went to Giglio cooking school and made chicken catiattore, roasted veggies, homemade spinach ravioli AND tiramisu. ALL FROM SCRATCH. I would love to cook you dinner when I get back. It may or may not be the same as eating it here though. You will love it. We are heading out to an olive grove and press today and stopping along the way to see how they make gelato. It's a rough life. I think I might open an Italian cafe when I get back...Carliettis?

No comments:

Post a Comment