Sunday, June 12, 2011

Note to self.

Do not try to start a blog on a trip where you leave at 6 in the morning and get in bed at midnight. Every night. SO, to recap the last FOUR days (if I can remember it all)...
In Florence, we watched professionals make gelato at Grom, right around from the Duomo.  OF COURSE, we tasted it. They use only whole foods and organic ingredients. It was simply an Italian delight (none of that cheap stuff). Don't worry. We definitely worked that off after we hiked to an olive press in Tuscany. They have some serious hills here, in case you didn't know. I would say at least a 12 on the treadmill incline at 24 Hour. I am not even kidding. Looking lovely, we listened to a cute Italian couple explain their olive oil production. The guy was legit. He is on some fancy committee in Italy (tasting commission?! I think?) that regulates the quality and then select the top oils for the region. We ate pizza that night and had a waitress that was straight out of SNL. Perfect end to the day...until the prank call. Holly and I were both in stage 100 REM sleep when some Spanish students staying in our hotel decided to call random rooms. Needless to say I was uber disoriented (thank you, jet lag). Yes, I did begin speaking Spanish to them (como estas?), even though I didn't know what was going on myself. Holly became even more confused than I was as she listened. We are still cracking up about this like it just happened. We are now in Greece (Delphi) about to head to dinner. I'll be back to fill in the rest of "Rome In A Day" and the adventure in Cinque Terre. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment